The Registration/Certification of Deputies form for the 145th Annual Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Newark is available in PDF and WORD formats. The purpose of this form is threefold.
1. To LIST ALL deputies and Lay Alternates.
- All canonically resident clergy that are affiliated with your church should be listed as deputies
- Each church is entitled to elect 3 lay deputies and 3 alternates of whom 3 attend convention with voting privileges.
ALL elected deputies and alternates MUST be listed on this form whether they are attending convention or not.
2. To CERTIFY deputies and alternates.
Signing this form and filling in the election date (not the date that you have filled out the form) will certify listed deputies and alternates. Only those individuals who are certified on this form will be allowed to represent your church at convention. Unsigned/Undated forms are not valid.
3. To REGISTER deputies and/or alternates who will attend convention.
Individuals who will attend convention on behalf of your church must be checked as attending. A maximum of 3 lay deputies can be selected. Those 3 can be made up of any combination of lay deputies and/or alternates.
The second page of the Registration/Certification form has instructions and a checklist to follow when completing the form. Please use the checklist to fill out this form as accurately and completely as possible.
Please return the completed form by Monday, December 10, 2018.
Payment is due on Friday, January 11, 2019. Please enclose a check payable to the Diocese of Newark with $185 for each deputy attending convention (all meals are included in the fee), $50 for each Friday dinner guest, $30 for each Friday lunch guest, and $30 for each Saturday lunch guest or visit e-payment.dioceseofnewark.org.