The Registration/Certification of Deputies form for the 148th Annual Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Newark is available in PDF and WORD formats. The purpose of this form is threefold.
1. To LIST ALL deputies and Lay Alternates (whether they are attending convention or not).
- All canonically resident clergy that are affiliated with your church should be listed as deputies
- Each church is entitled to elect 3 lay deputies and 3 alternates.
2. To CERTIFY deputies and alternates.
- Signing this form and filling in the election date (not the date that you have filled out the form) will certify listed deputies and alternates.
- Only those individuals who are certified on this form will be allowed to represent your church at convention. Unsigned/Undated forms are not valid.
3. To REGISTER deputies and/or alternates who will be physically present at convention.
- Individuals who will attend convention on behalf of your church must be checked as attending.
- A maximum of 3 lay deputies/alternates can be selected as attending with voting privileges. Those 3 can be made up of any combination of lay deputies and/or alternates..
The back page of the Registration/Certification form has instructions and a checklist to follow when completing the form. Please use the checklist to fill out this form as accurately and completely as possible.
All Guests are invited to view the convention on the diocesan YouTube channel, youtube.com/c/dionewark.
Please return the registration form, along with payment (check payable to Diocese of Newark, with "Convention Fee" in the memo line, or visit e-payment.dioceseofnewark.org by Friday, April 8.