Lay members of the diocese are invited to (W)holy Work: Seeing Our Daily Work as Ministry, a weekend retreat with Bishop Hughes at Cross Roads Camp & Retreat Center.
How would our approach to work change if we thought of our work as a holy calling? What if our most precious offering to God is to see ourselves as serving God’s people in the workplace? Join us as spiritual guide Kathleen Henderson Staudt (right) leads a retreat focused on exploring the way we see our work.
Dr. Kathleen Henderson Staudt, SCHC (Kathy) has worked as a teacher, poet and spiritual director at Virginia Theological Seminary and Wesley Theological Seminary, with classes focusing on writing, literature, spirituality and explorations of vocation. She is the author of Shaping a Faithful Life: Discernment and Discipleship for Young Adults and she delights in the unique and particular ways God calls each of us to serve and support what Verna Dozier has called “the Dream of God,” at all stages of our lives. A finalist in the 2020 Paraclete Poetry contest, she is the author of four books of poems, most recently Viriditas: New and Selected Poems. Kathy is a Companion in the Society of the Companions of the Holy Cross (SCHC) and co-directs the Adelynrood School for Spiritual Direction Her website is at kathleenstaudtpoet.org.
Things to Note:
- Cross Roads Retreat Center Address: 29 Pleasant Grove Rd, Port Murray, NJ 07865
- Check-in: 2/2 at 6 pm
- Check-out: 2/4 at 12 pm
- $230 per person (single occupancy)
- $190 per person (double occupancy)
- Payment can be made online through Vanco or by mailing a check to Diocese of Newark, 31 Mulberry Street, Newark NJ 07102 Attn: Chloe Caprice
- Meals included:
- Friday- Dinner
- Saturday- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Sunday- Breakfast
- All beds are twin sized.
- This retreat is for guests 18 years and older
- All participants must complete a mandatory Crossroads COVID-19 Release found here. Completed forms can be sent by email to Chloe Caprice (firstname.lastname@example.org). Blank copies will be also available for completion at Crossroads check-in on February 2nd.
- Please review Crossroads health recommendations and policies here.