After a successful first venture at last year’s Convention, we are pleased to bring back this new program designed to create and enhance supportive networks of individuals in congregations that work on specific roles. It will run during Convention itself, in the workshop spaces while Convention is in session in the main ballroom on Saturday morning, February 2.
The Vo-Tech sessions being offered this year are for:
- Property Managers and Buildings & Grounds members – facilitated by Jim Caputo and members of the WJH Board.
- Treasurers and Finance Committee members – facilitated by Sam Reckford, Diocesan CFO.
- Church Musicians – facilitated by Mark Trautman, Missioner for Music & the Arts.
- Food Pantry Ministries – those who have or are interested in supporting or starting one – facilitator TBA.
- Sunday School Teachers – facilitator TBA.
Come network with like-minded individuals from other congregations, learn about available resources, share your best practices, discuss issues and ask questions. This is an open forum that we hope will generate opportunities for mutual support and benefit for all involved.
- 9 AM – The participants are more than welcome to attend the diocesan service of Holy Eucharist.
- 10:45 AM – 12 noon – Breakout sessions for each group.
- 12 noon – Lunch.
Attendees are also welcome to stay for the afternoon workshops being offered to the Convention Deputies as well as the rest of the day’s events.
The cost is $25, to cover lunch.
Register and pay online at e-payment.dioceseofnewark.org by Jan. 29.
Look for Vo-Tech Workshop Attendee in the Annual Diocesan Convention section.