In recognition of their 11 years of service to the people of the Diocese of Newark, the Transition Committee is holding a luncheon honoring the Rt. Rev. Mark M. Beckwith and Marilyn Olson on September 8, 2018 at the Skylands Event & Conference Center in Randolph.
The gathering begins at 11 AM. At 11:30 AM there will be a short liturgy, followed by the luncheon.
The cost to attend is $50 per person. The choice of meals are:
- Beef filet with mushroom gravy
- Stuffed chicken with vegetables
- Eggplant parmesan
The luncheon will include a cash bar.
How to sign up
- Go to e-payment.dioceseofnewark.org and look for Luncheon honoring Bishop Mark Beckwith & Marilyn Olson.
- Enter number of attendees in the "Quantity" field.
- Click the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the second page, enter up to four attendee names and meal choices.
- If paying for more than four attendees, or if an attendee has dietary restrictions, check the appropriate box(es) and then email this information to email@example.com.
Sign-up deadline: Wednesday, August 15.
Submissions are encouraged for the Farewell Luncheon Journal – no charge!!
All individuals, congregations and organizations in the diocese (and beyond) are invited to submit messages for a Farewell Luncheon Journal that will celebrate Mark and Marilyn's ministry. Everyone (all ages welcome!) is encouraged to create a simple lay-out of their message for the Journal which will be printed on letter-size paper folded into a booklet (full page = 8.5” tall by 5.5” wide). Pick a font, a border, maybe insert a photo or include a drawing by scanning it – we look forward to your participation and creative submissions!
Please email your fully-designed message to Wendy Drake-Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on Wednesday, August 1.
Tribute donations to the Alleluia Fund in honor of the Beckwiths are invited
All are invited to honor Mark and Marilyn by making a tribute donation to the Alleluia Fund for Outreach. Your gift will be vitally important to many organizations throughout the diocese – ministries dear to the hearts of Mark and Marilyn.
Your donation is fully tax deductible. Please go to e-giving.dioceseofnewark.org, choose “Alleluia Fund – Beckwith Tribute” and make your donation of any amount. Thank you!