May 17, 2023
St Mark’s is a small but vital church with an older but active congregation. The church has a 3-manual Rodgers organ in the rear balcony with a baby grand piano on the sanctuary floor. This is a part time position with the benefit of the choir rehearsal held on Sunday mornings prior to the church service. No Wednesday or Thursday night rehearsals.
Summary of Position:
Provide for the music ministry of the church on a part-time basis to include worship music and small adult choir.
Essential duties include:
- Provide organ service music for one traditional Sunday morning service at 10:00am
- Provide organ service music for special holidays to include: Christmas Eve and possibly other church holidays.
- Select appropriate sanctuary choir anthems for Sundays
- Rehearse and accompany the choir. Rehearsals are currently Sunday mornings at 9:00
- Rehearse and accompany any special music soloists/musicians – Occasionally perform during the summer
- Arrange for qualified substitute organist/pianist when absent for Sunday worship
- Provide organ music for weddings and funerals, if available. (Additional compensation would be provided)
- Make recommendations to Worship & Music Committee regarding any organ service/repair
- Provide and rehearse special music for church holidays to include vocal or instrumental soloists with a possible small bell choir (Palm Sunday, Easter & Christmas Eve)
- Make recommendations and select new music to be used for sanctuary and bell choirs.
- Salary: $12,000
Please send resume to Bob Trokan (email@example.com). You may also include a brief audio or video recording.