St. Elizabeth’s Episcopal Church of Ridgewood is seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator responsible for developing a dynamic digital presence on behalf of the congregation. St. Elizabeth’s is a “transitional size” parish (approximately 175 parishioners attending two Sunday services pre-COVID-19) with a staff team consisting of seven other full and part-time employees. This role requires proficiency with opt-in email communications and digital marketing, various social media platforms, SEO, and website editing. Experience with video editing software (iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or similar software) is also required.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Elizabeth’s has installed 7 PTZ cameras and a new audio system, and the Communications Coordinator will be integral in working with staff and volunteers in creating a robust digital worship experience for parishioners. The Communications Coordinator will also help to make St. Elizabeth’s more visible in the neighborhood and larger community.
- Create, edit, and distribute digital parish communications, specifically the weekly enewsletter and other parish emails.
- Create content and manage content for various social media accounts.
- Update and manage parish website
- Edit and upload weekly chapel videos for our children’s ministry program.
- Work with a team of volunteers to manage live-stream of services on Sundays, holy days, and other special services.
- Assist Parish Administrator in managing digital calendar.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), social media platforms, Zoom, Wordpress or other website management systems, and basic video editing software.
- Organized and self-directed, while at the same time comfortable working collaboratively with other staff members and parishioners.
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising preferred.
- Submit 3 professional references
- Applicant agrees to submit to a background check and, if hired, will need to take training in the prevention of sexual misconduct of children and adults.
- Nonprofit or Church experience preferred
Job Type and Pay
- Part-time (20 hours per week)
If interested in applying, please send a resume to the Rev. Andy Olivo at firstname.lastname@example.org.