Greetings from the Transition Committee. Much work is happening behind the scenes as we work on our tasks in the process for the election of our next Bishop.
- We have identified subcommittees and chairs for each of the areas for which we are responsible. These committees have been meeting to develop timelines for their tasks.
- Our co-chairs meet weekly for progress updates.
- The Consecration venue subcommittee has sent their research findings to the Standing Committee.
- Our full committee met again in October.
- The Transition & Search/Nominating chairs have met several times since October and are planning a joint event for members from both Committees in early November.
Your prayers are appreciated for the on-going work of these two Committees and the leadership of the Standing Committee in this Search process, and of course for the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Members of the Transition Committee:
The Rev. Bill Allport, St. Paul's, Englewood
Ms. Gail Barkley, Trinity & St. Phillip's Cathedral, Newark
The Rev. Deacon Ken Boccino, St. George's, Maplewood
The Rev. Tim Carr, St. John's, Boonton
The Rev. Matthew Corkern, Calvary, Summit
Ms. Wendy Drake-Schneider, St. Luke's, Montclair
Mr. John Garde, Grace, Madison
Ms. Diana Gamarra, Christ Church, Harrison
Ms. Carol Harrison-Arnold, Incarnation, Jersey City (Co-Chair)
The Rev. Rose Hassan, St. Luke & St. Mary, Hope and Belvidere
The Rev. Audrey Hasselbrook, St. James, Upper Montclair (Co-Chair)
Ms. Patti Neil, Holy Innocents, West Orange
Mr. Michael Otterburn, Messiah, Chester
The Rev. Susan Sica, St. Gregory's, Parsippany
Mr. Robert Simmons, Epiphany and Christ Church, Orange