The Strategic Visioning Team is now recruiting people across the diocese to join Working Teams that will meet during this next phase of the visioning process to create goals around the four priorities:
Children, Families, Youth and Young Adults – evangelism and formation
- The Rev. Carrie Cabush - Calvary, Summit (Evelyn Underhill)
- Nelson Diaz - Church of the Epiphany and Christ Church, Orange (Florence Li Tim-Oi)
- Belinda Stokes - St. Paul’s and Incarnation, Jersey City (Absalom Jones)
Communications and Technology – explaining who we are to the outside world and connecting better internally
- The Rev. Mark Collins - All Saints’, Glen Rock (Augustine of Hippo)
- Janelle Grant - St. Paul’s, Paterson (Augustine of Hippo)
Congregational Collaboration – particularly to strengthen our smaller congregations
- The Rev. Raul Ausa - Trinity, Allendale (Benedict of Nursia)
- The Rev. Vicki McGrath - All Saints’, Millington (Harriet Tubman)
- Jewels Quelly - St. James, Hackettstown (Harriet Tubman)
Justice for People and Planet – working together on gospel-driven justice issues
- The Rev. Miguel Hernandez - Holy Trinity West, Orange (Florence Li Tim-Oi)
- Michele Simon - St. Paul's Church, Englewood (Augustine of Hippo)
- The Rev. Lorna Woodham - Christ Church, Budd Lake (Harriet Tubman)
Over the next three months, each working team will meet regularly – about every other week, to articulate goals and develop initiatives for each priority. They will do research between meetings, gathering information from members of the diocese with experience and expertise in these areas, as well as with people outside the diocese who are involved in these issues in the wider community. They will also reach out to other dioceses to learn how they are addressing these issues and to share ideas and resources.
If you are interested in being a part of this next phase, please complete this survey. Even if you don’t believe you have the time to commit to a working team, there are other options for involvement.
Questions about the working teams, the priorities or what’s next? Please contact the Strategic Visioning Team’s co-leaders or consultant.