25 hours/week M-F. 9 a.m. -12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m. (specific time frame in afternoon negotiable)
- Reception – A warm welcome to anyone entering the building, prompt attention to their concerns as well as phone reception and transferring of calls.
- Manage parish emails, mail and phone messages.
- Clerical – Assistance general filing, mailings, etc. Create tracking documents as requested. Organize files as needed. Assistance with database entry and maintenance (Automated Church Systems “ACS Realm”), Assist with maintaining membership records including baptisms, confirmations, receptions, weddings, funerals, and transfers.
- Office and maintenance supply: organize and inventory as needed
- Calendar and Scheduling – The Office Assistant manages the church Google calendar, and schedules Zoom meetings, keeping both current.
- Assist the Associate for Communications and Administration with the production of weekly documents for worship and communications both in paper and electronically. Coordinating skills between multiple folks who supply content.
- Communications – Assist the Associate for Communications and Administration with the graphic design and content of social media and email communications, including the weekly e-blast email using Constant Contact system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Rector.
- The office assistant is able to proactively seek out and respond to office needs and inquiries via phone, email, or in person as a first line response before needed to send to the Rector
- Parishioners and visitors feel accommodated and responded to in a pleasant, timely manner.
The Office Assistant reports to the Associate for Communications and Administration
- Preferred knowledge of Google Workspace (G Suite), Constant Contact, Microsoft Office
- Suite, social media platforms including FaceBook and YouTube
- Knowledge of Zoom
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Comfortable working in InDesign preferred
- Familiarity with Database systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keeps Confidentiality
- Collaborative Worker
- Warm presence on phone and in person
- Submit cover letter, resume and 3 professional references
- Send documents to the Rev. Anne Thatcher: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant agrees to submit to a background check and, if hired, will need to take training in the prevention of sexual misconduct of children and adults and anti-racism training