Nursery Staff Job Description
Provide for the physical, emotional, and intellectual safety and needs of children ages 3 months to 4 years while working in the church’s nursery.
Hours: up to 12 hours a month @ $15/hr
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the age-appropriate needs of children ages 0-4 years.
- Ability to interact with a variety of children and families.
- Willingness to submit to a background check and complete required Episcopal Safe Church training.
Responsibilities of the Nursery Staff
- Abide by Safe Church policies
- Ensure the safety of the nursery environment
- Arrives on time and stays until all children are secured with designated adult
- Engages the children in age appropriate activities
- Maintains good hand washing protocols and general nursery cleanliness
- Wipes down toys after being used
- Wears gloves while changing diapers and disinfecting diaper station after each use
- Remove trash and boxes as needed and deposit in designated area behind kitchen
- Work with volunteers as part of a team
- Other duties as needed
- 1-2 years of experience with infant, toddler, and preschool age groups
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Available Sunday mornings from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
To apply: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the Rev. Anne Thatcher: email@example.com.
For more information call the Parish House Office and ask for the Rector, The Rev. Anne Thatcher: 973-538-0555 x116.