The Strategic Visioning Team gathered for its kickoff meeting on Saturday, September 24, 2022. The members of the visioning team are:
- The Rev. Raul Ausa, Trinity, Allendale (Benedict of Nursia)
- The Rev. Carrie Cabush, Calvary, Summit (Evelyn Underhill)
- Nelson Diaz, Church of the Epiphany and Christ Church, Orange (Florence Li Tim-Oi)
- The Rev. Miguel Hernandez, Holy Trinity, West Orange (Florence Li Tim-Oi)
- The Rev. Vicki McGrath, All Saints’, Millington (Harriet Tubman)
- Jewels Quelly, St. Jamess’, Hackettstown (Harriet Tubman)
- Michele Simon, St. Paul’s, Englewood (Augustine of Hippo)
- Belinda Stokes, St. Paul’s and Incarnation, Jersey City (Absalom Jones)
- The Rev. Lorna Woodham, Christ Church, Budd Lake (Harriet Tubman)
The team co-leaders are:
- The Rev. Mark Collins, All Saints, Glen Rock (Augustine of Hippo)
- Janelle Grant, St. Paul’s, Paterson (Augustine of Hippo)
They started by considering words and phrases that are important for the mission and vision of the diocese, and, over the course of the next several weeks, they will craft new mission and vision statements that will guide them in this process.
After that first exercise, the team then planned how to conduct the listening sessions with the congregations and other faith communities across the diocese. With a timeline of completing these conversations by mid-December, the team members will be contacting parish leaders in the next couple of weeks to schedule these sessions. As soon as the session for your congregation or faith community has been scheduled, please mark it on your calendars and plan to join us.