Are you looking to be in the know of all things Diocesan Convention? Secretary of Convention John King and Arrangements Committee Chairwoman Donna Caputo have teamed up with The VOICE Online to create a new way for clergy and laypeople across the diocese to be kept informed about Convention 2024!
So, what can you expect to see here in Convention Corner? Each publication will provide you with the most current Convention updates. Included – but not limited to – you will find information on Deputy requirements, youth Deputy requirements, and their registration deadlines. Other features will include the big announcement of the location of the 150th Convention, how to volunteer at Convention, and how your congregation can take part. Of course, as we get closer to the big date there will be more details that we will want to share to help everyone navigate Convention. There is so much information coming to you that we hope the new Convention Corner will help you and your congregation be ready for Convention.
Of course, there will also be some reoccurring information included in each publication. First, you will always find the link to the Convention webpage where you will find all the information pertaining to Convention. Next you will find the contact information for those important people who are working hard to make Convention happen, with information about them to help you contact the best person – and if they can’t help you, they know who can. Of course, we can’t leave out all the important dates that you and your congregation will need to know. From the countdown, to registration deadlines, that information will always be found right here in Convention Corner.
We can’t wait to keep you updated on all thing Convention 2024! Stay tuned for the next publication where we share how those who aren’t Deputies can volunteer at the 150th Convention.
- John King, Secretary of Convention (All Things Convention) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donna Caputo, Chairwoman of Arrangement Committee (Volunteer Opportunities) email@example.com
- Jane Jubilee (Church Banners Campaign) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & Deadlines
- 303 days until the 150th Convention!
- Registration Dates for Deputations and All Canonically Resident Clergy: 9/16/2024 at Noon (Forms to be sent May/June)
- Registration Date for Guests: 10/18/2024
- Nominations Deadlines: 9/13/2024 (Late Nominees 11/1/2024)
- Hotel Reservations Deadline at group rate: 10/8/2024