Nina has served as Director of Communications & Technology since September 2009. Formerly a corporate technology professional with 17 years’ experience as well as a freelance photographer and web designer, she combines her computer expertise, communications skills and eye for design in the service of modern evangelism.
Nina and her husband, Kirk Petersen, are long-time, active members of St. George’s Church in Maplewood. They love to garden together, including growing the herbs and vegetables they use in their shared hobby of cooking and grilling. Believing that “time spent with cats is never wasted,” Nina also enjoys relaxing with a book or crochet project in the company of Tara, an adult rescue adopted from a shelter, and Lola, who she rescued as a six-week-old kitten abandoned in the Episcopal House parking lot.
- Member of the diocesan Program Staff.
- Media contact and spokesperson for the diocese.
- Diocesan webmaster, overseeing design, development and maintenance of the diocesan website, www.dioceseofnewark.org.
- e-Newsletter editor, responsible for publishing The VOICE Online and Leadership News (www.dioceseofnewark.org/e-news).
- Social media manager, with editorial and technical responsibility for the diocesan Facebook page (www.facebook.com/dionewark), Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/dionewark) and Instagram feed (www.instagram.com/dionewark).
- Support the communications efforts of the Bishop, including editorial and technical support for the Bishop’s blog (www.dioceseofnewark.org/bishops-blog), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MarkMBeckwith) and Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/NewarkBishop).
- Support the communications efforts of Episcopal House staff and diocesan committees.
- Manage the computer hardware and software used at Episcopal House.
- Oversee the Church Website Project, which provides free Drupal 7 websites to congregations without the means to produce their own website.
- Serve as consultant to congregations on communications or technology issues.
- Send "Death in Our Diocesan Family" notices.
- Member of the Engaging the World Action Team of Diocesan Council.
- Coordinate and blog at "Geeks for God": Evangelism in the Electronic Era.