Leslie joined the Finance Office at Episcopal House in 2001 and has experienced many changes during her tenure. Leslie’s long career in bookkeeping/accounting, customer service and administration aids in her current position as Financial Assistant and Diocesan Benefits Administrator. She enjoys working with diocesan finances because they touch just about every aspect of ministry and put her in contact not only with the entire staff, but also with the congregations as well.
Leslie has a great working relationship with Chief Financial Officer, Sam Reckford. She works in the Finance Office with Controller, Noel Garcia. She considers it her mission to assist congregations with their varied financial and administrative needs.
A resident of Newark, Leslie is blessed to share her life with her partner, Dave and teenaged son. She enjoys reading, dancing, New York City and spending time with family and friends.
- Uses Shelby Systems, a church based financial accounting system and modules, to process Accounts Payable reimbursements, check payments and online payments for various entities.
- Processes deposits of checks, (including remote deposits) and cash. Uses Vanco Payments Solutions to process online donations and payments to the diocese.
- Billing of insurance premiums, church loans and event registrations.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Tracks compliance of church financial audits, parochial reports and health/pension reports, research and report tax exempt statuses for churches.
- As Diocesan Benefits Administrator, liaisons between the Medical Trust and the diocese regarding medical, dental, group life, disability, Medigap and pension benefits. Process new enrollments, terminations and adjustments, problem solves and disseminates information.
- Staff resource on the Bishop’s Advisory Council on Human Resources (HR Committee).
- Works closely with Controller and reports to the CFO.