Diocesan Property and Risk Manager
Jim is responsible for assisting all the churches in the diocese with their property issues. In addition, he oversees the closed and leased properties.
- Along with the Director of Administration, work with the Ward J. Herbert Fund board, ECLF loans and BCEF grants.
- Advise congregations on church maintenance and repair projects.
- Perform risk management inspections of churches to help prevent personal injury and to identify necessary maintenance issues.
- Arrange and oversee all necessary inspections of Episcopal House and closed church properties.
- Arrange and oversee maintenance and repair work at the bishop's residence.
- Plan, design and oversee all building use changes at Episcopal House.
- Assist the president of the trustees with mission churches and closed church properties.
- Meet with real estate agents and potential buyers to see closed church properties.