Cynthia joined Episcopal House staff in July 2017 as Advisor to the Bishop for Leadership Giving. In this newly-imagined role, Cynthia is leading an effort to create a new philanthropic funding model to support the missional work of the Diocese, focused on major gifts. Initiatives include development of “The Bishop’s Circle,” a group of philanthropic leaders through the Diocese who are committed to financially supporting the Diocese, as well as “activation” funding opportunities of various Diocesan priorities. Cynthia also provides strategic stewardship support for congregations in the Diocese through her liaison work with the Fund Development Council, and oversees annual fundraising for the Diocesan Alleluia Fund for Outreach.
Cynthia has over 14 years of experience in nonprofit management and fundraising, including serving as major gifts officer at several universities. She is a former Senior warden and vestry member of Christ Church in Short Hills.
- Identifies and facilitates relationships and meetings among prospective donors within the diocese. Present case for support” in one-on-one meetings with prospective donors.
- Works with other members of the staff to identify funding opportunities that may of interest to donors, and develops communications material in support of philanthropic initiatives which serve to both inspire and inform prospective donors.
- Manage cultivation events for donors, including a planned dinner for members of The Bishop’s Circle (new), and donors to the Alleluia Fund .
- Working with other members of the diocese, ensure that donors are thanked speedily and that the experience of giving to the diocese is positive.
- In conjunction with Fund Development Council, provide congregational leadership with stewardship resources and support.
- Member of the diocesan Program Staff.