You are here

Green Revolving Fund

The Green Revolving Fund (GRF) is a low-cost loan for churches replacing old, inefficient heating and cooling systems and installing efficient light bulbs. This loan has been created to allow for upgrades on a planned schedule rather than an emergency basis.

New Jersey's Direct Install Program pays 70% of the cost of an energy efficiency upgrade for qualifying organizations, and the Green Revolving Fund helps with the remaining 30%. For example, if  your energy efficiency upgrade costs $35,000, you will be responsible for $10,500, or 30% of the cost. You will be able to borrow the $10,500 from the Green Revolving Fund, and your payments will be less than your monthly savings from your upgrade.

If your church is interested in utilizing this proactive replacement program, please contact Jim Caputo at jcaputo@dioceseofnewark.org or 973-430-9979.