Applications to the ACTS/VIM Fund for 2016 funding must be received by 12 noon on March 1. Applications received after 12 noon on March 1 or that are incomplete will not be considered. (If March 1 falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day at noon). Go to the application form.
ACTS/VIM (A Commitment To Serve/Venture In Mission) funds program proposals which address one or more of the following:
- Connect congregational development and community outreach.
- Promote inclusivity and welcoming of outsiders (or program beneficiaries) into the Episcopal Church.
- Foster and broaden clergy and lay leadership in the congregation.
- Demonstrate responsible stewardship of resources.
- Offer creative vision for the church's witness and presence in the community.
- Promote collaboration and cooperation.
- Provide initial resources for new endeavors (seed money), which might otherwise be difficult to fund.
Starting in 2014, there will be one funding cycle for ACTS/VIM with an application submission deadline of March 1 (or the business day immediately following). Funds will be disbursed in June, provided that all required financial documents are on file: current parochial report, current audit and current pledge card. (Prior to 2013, there were two annual funding cycles with submission dates in February and September.)
The cap for those who have received funding three or more times will be increased to $20,000 from the previous cap of $10,000.
Starting in October 2013, the ACTS/VIM Board will administer the Alleluia Fund grant allocation process using procedures similar to those used for ACTS/VIM grants. Alleluia grants fund supports outreach and mission in the areas of Food, Shelter, Education and International programs.
Applications will be accepted from individual congregations, from a combined effort of several congregations or from a district. There are different application forms for each of these categories and available in the Resources box on the right.
Assistance is available from members of the ACTS/VIM board. The names and contact information are provided in the application package.
First time applicants are welcomed and should not hesitate to contact anyone on the board with any questions, concerns or need for assistance.
Please note the requirements for ACTS/VIM applications:
- The application for individual congregations is new and must be used. Older versions will not be accepted.
- The deadline of March 1 is a firm date for submission. Late applications will not be accepted.
- All portions of the application are required at the time of submission, including the vestry resolution and all requested budgets.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Participants in programs for children must have completed the Safeguarding God’s Children program or one similar. Find out more.
Diocesan requirements for funding
There are basic diocesan requirements for each of the grants and loans. Churches must be in compliance with financial reporting obligations, including current parochial reports and audits; pledge card on file; and certification for Safe Church training.