The Newark List has been established to facilitate brief, factual notifications among the clergy and lay people of the diocese and the diocesan offices.
Emails to the Newark List may be sent by diocesan members, on behalf of their church or ministry, to:
- invite the diocese to an event;
- advertise a job opening;
- offer unneeded items "free to a good home;"
- ask for referrals on vendors or businesses;
- make a news-worthy announcement.
This list is specifically not to be used for:
- conversations or opinions, especially about matters that are pastorally or legally sensitive, emotionally charged or require extensive discussion;
- promoting activities that violate diocesan policies, such as events that include gambling;
- forwarding emails written by someone else, or quoting someone else without their consent;
- forwarding jokes, spiritually uplifting stories or anything else of that nature;
- self-promotion, such as links to a personal blog or business;
- forwarding links to any website that violates the above terms.
Because subscription is solely voluntary, the Newark List cannot be, and is not represented as a venue for communicating with the entire diocese.
The Communications Office reserves the right to moderate and approve emails sent to the Newark List.
People who do not abide by these terms will be removed from the Newark List.
Nov 14, 2012