2 Park Place
Newark, NJ 07102
Trinity & St. Philip’s Cathedral began in 1746 as Trinity Church, when it received its charter from King George II. The original building was destroyed during the Revolutionary War after being used as a hospital by both American and British troops. The current building, completed in 1810, is the nation’s oldest Episcopal cathedral building.
Trinity Church became Trinity Cathedral in 1944. In 1966 it merged with the congregation of nearby St. Philip’s Church, which had lost its building in a fire; the combined congregation later adopted the name Trinity & St. Philip’s Cathedral.
10 AM Sundays - Online worship via Zoom
7 PM Wednesdays - Bible study via Zoom
For Zoom info and Sunday bulletin, email email@example.com