2022 Fall Stewardship Training
We are excited to introduce you to Project Resource!
Project Resource is a parish-focused, comprehensive stewardship training program that teaches culture and systems change around financial development in the worldwide Episcopal Church. Project Resource provides teaching, focus, and adaptable resources to equip clergy and lay leaders to develop their year-round and annual stewardship campaigns and to plan, ask for, and receive major gifts.
The Stewardship arm of the diocese has partnered with the College for Bishops to bring Project Resource to you: an intensive, five-week, customized conference will be held online via Zoom on these dates:
- 7-9 pm on Tuesday, September 6
- 7-9 pm on Tuesday, September 13
- 7-9 pm on Tuesday, September 20
- 7-9 pm on Tuesday, September 27
- 7-9 pm on Tuesday, October 4
Each parish is invited to bring their stewardship team to the conference. You’ll work together throughout, and at the end, you will have a step-by-step implementation plan for your annual pledge campaign, a year-round stewardship calendar, as well as a full menu of training. This multi-week training is a series of live meetings with participant interaction and breakout rooms with team-time integrated. You’ll be better prepared than ever for this year’s pledge campaign!
- helps church teams to gather the best resources to transform all areas of stewardship and explore internal narratives of money while addressing societal shifts, organizational change, and leadership challenges.
- assists teams in interpreting the training curriculum, session by session, relative to their cultural and regional context.
- empowers participants to leave the conference with a working plan and measurable objectives tailored specifically for their own congregation.
Project Resource trainings equip stewardship teams to plan and develop year-round stewardship ministries that can be replicated and adapted for years to come. An ideal church team would consist of at least 3 members including the clergyperson, stewardship ministry chair, and other committed lay leaders.
Church teams will complete the course with:
- A step-by-step plan for implementing your 2022 fall annual campaign
- A year-round stewardship calendar
- Hands-on training on how to make personal invitations
- Understanding generational and individual donor motivations
- Cultural and technological strategies appropriate for today’s context
The Bishop’s Office is making Project Resource’s intensive training program available to parishes in the diocese at no cost. All costs of speakers, materials, and follow-up coaching to participants after the course trainings are covered.
But you must register in advance
Please note that other dioceses have offered Project Resource to their parishes at reduced cost of $250-500/per individual. Because we believe this training is so important and so needed this year especially, we are underwriting the program for you to enable every church to be able to take advantage.
Deadline to enroll:
Each church is urged to participate in this program. Churches must register their participants by Monday, August 15. To register, click here.
For questions, please contact Missioner for Stewardship Cynthia McChesney at firstname.lastname@example.org.