Suzanne joined the Episcopal House staff in January 2014 as Advisor to the Bishop for Development. She works with the Bishop and staff to communicate the Bishop’s missional vision and secure financial resources required to advance it.
In addition to her diocesan work, Suzanne supports quality educational opportunities for all youth and serves on the boards of Newark Academy and Pathways to College and the NJPAC Arts Education committee.
A Short Hills resident since 2000, Suzanne and her husband John have three young adult children. She loves sports (participant and fan), music (fan), and spending time with family and friends. Weekends usually involve a game of tennis, dinner out with a group of friends, and cheering on one of her kids at a sporting or musical event.
- Member of the diocesan Program Staff.
- Work with the Bishop to communicate his vision for the diocese, identify fundraising priorities, and develop a strong case for support.
- Identify, research, cultivate and solicit major donors.
- Develop and grow an individual giving program.
- Design and implement cultivation plans for donors, congregational leadership and clergy.
- Coordinate and assist in preparing grant requests.
- Work with key stakeholders, including clergy and diocesan council, to develop awareness and support of diocesan fundraising efforts.
- Support and cultivate planned giving efforts in the diocese.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to provide support and resources to congregations for congregational stewardship.
- Set up sustainable systems to manage gift processing, gift acknowledgements, reporting and donor management.