To mitigate risk during the COVID-19 pandemic, Bishop Hughes has directed that:
As of May 19, 2021
- The May 2021 Journey Forward guidelines are now in effect.
- When counties in our diocese are at Medium Risk (Yellow) level on http://covidactnow.org, maximum attendance at in-person gatherings (including worship) is at 50% of room capacity, maintaining 6 feet distance between households for indoor gatherings and 500 people for outdoor gatherings, maintaining 6 feet distance between households.
- When counties in our diocese are at High Risk (Orange) level on covidactnow, maximum attendance at in-person gatherings (including worship) is 100 people (indoor and outdoor), provided those present can maintain 6’ distance between households.
- Churches will continue to offer online worship.
See the Quick Reference Guide for recommendations based on your county's risk level.
In addition, Bishop Hughes has directed that the following practices will continue:
- Episcopal House staff will continue to work remotely through August 2021.
- All diocesan meetings will continue online through August 2021.
- All Episcopal Visitations will continue online through June 2021.
These practices will be re-evaluated in summer 2021 for the fall.