Seeking a Minister of Music for St. Alban’s, Episcopal Church, Oakland, NJ
St. Alban’s Episcopal Church is seeking a Minister of Music to join our parish staff to plan and lead our diverse congregation in all aspects of music in worship. Our small and faithful choir includes two paid section leaders, one female and one male. Rehearsals occur from 8:30 to 9:45 on Sunday mornings in preparation for the 10 AM Rite II Eucharistic liturgy. Additionally, the choir rehearses for an hour and a half after church one Sunday a month. There is a children’s choir that currently sings seasonally. The new Minister of Music will work with the rector and parents of the choir children to plan for a rehearsal schedule that will move toward the children’s choir singing once a month at the special Family Service in addition to feast days.
The Minister of Music answers to the Rector who works collaboratively. Salary is competitive. The position may be either 9 months or 12 months a year, as determined mutually by applicant and rector, and includes paid vacation.
- Work collaboratively as part of the parish staff working directly with the Rector
- Lead the adult choir including planning and preparing for anthems, hymns and service music
- Lead the children’s choir including planning and preparing for anthems, hymns and service music for the Family Service once a month and festal liturgies
- Be proficient in playing and singing to support the choir
- Recruit and organize parish musicians in offering their gifts through liturgy
- Select and prepare worship music for each Sunday and submit to the parish administrator for inclusion in the bulletin at least a week in advance. Music will be selected from resources approved for Episcopal worship and other resources as approved by the Rector
- Minister of Music will play at the main liturgy on Sunday mornings, Easter, Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday
- First refusal on all weddings and funerals
- The Minister of Music will arrange for supply when away or on vacation
If interested please send your resume to:
The Reverend Kathryn L. King, Rector. St. Alban’s Episcopal Church, 1 Church Lane, Oakland, NJ 07436 or email to email@example.com with Minister of Music in the subject line. Application deadline July 22, 2018.