The Diocese of Newark is prepared to offer a compensation package valued at $195,000 to $215,000, plus housing and utilities. The package includes:
- Cash Salary
- SECA offset
- Housing Equity Allowance
- Pension, including term life insurance
- Medical, dental and vision care
- Automobile Allowance
The Bishop’s compensation will also include housing and utilities. It is expected that for the first two years the new Bishop will reside in the South Orange residence currently owned by the Trustees of the Episcopal Fund and Diocesan Properties. After 24 months, the Bishop’s housing may be revisited.
In addition to the compensation listed above, the Bishop is also entitled to:
- Continuing Education allowance
- Hospitality Allowance
- Travel and Conference expenses
- Sick Leave: The Bishop will be granted sick leave as needed and, generally, in accordance with the Diocesan Employee Policies and Procedures Manual, subject to any other provision that may be included in the Bishop’s Letter of Agreement.
- Annual Vacation: The Bishop is entitled to, and encouraged to take, six weeks’ annual vacation, of which up to 5 days may be carried over into the next year; carry-over days must be used within the first four months of the following year.
- Annual Study Leave/Continuing Education: The Bishop is encouraged to engage in annual study/continuing education of up to two weeks.
- Sabbatical Leave: The Diocesan Clergy Sabbatical Policy allows three months of sabbatical leave after each five year period of service. The general provisions for the Bishop’s sabbatical leave shall be further set forth in the Bishop’s Letter of Agreement.
For additional information, please contact Mr. Sam Reckford, Diocesan Chief Financial Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org