Paul joined the Episcopal House staff in 2011 as Chief Financial Officer of the diocese. As the CFO, Paul is responsible for providing financial and other support to a number of the governing organizations in the diocese, as well as to congregations and individuals. Paul is also a member of the Fund Development Committee and is heavily involved in diocesan and congregational stewardship efforts.
Previously, Paul was a member of the diocesan Audit Committee, and was a member of the Commission on Ministry for eight years, the last four of which he served as its Chair.
Paul and his wife Barbara have been active members of St. Andrew’s, Harrington Park for over 30 years. Paul has been warden, vestry member, treasurer, finance committee chair and member of the stewardship committee, is a Eucharistic Minister, and is active in the outreach and worship activities of St. Andrew’s. Paul and Barbara have two adult daughters.
- Member of the diocesan Program Staff.
- Preparation of annual Diocesan and Trustees budgets.
- Financial oversight and compliance with budgets of Council and Trustees.
- Preparation of periodic financial reports to Council, Trustees, and other committees, commissions, and organizations.
- Financial oversight of Diocesan Investment Trust, and interaction with congregations and related organizations regarding investment additions, withdrawals, and income distribution.
- Provide support to congregations with respect to financial reporting, treasury and accounting matters, completion of audits, and related matters.
- Interaction with congregations and staff with regards to enrollment and changes in medical and dental insurance coverage and questions with regards to such coverage.
- Preparation of long-term financial analyses of Diocese and congregations.
- Meetings with clergy and vestries/executive committees with regards to financial and stewardship issues, concerns, and opportunities.
- Develop and present workshops for treasurers and stewardship committees.