- Bishop Beckwith
- Canon Jacobs
- News & Media
- NEWARK ACTS
The Diocese of Newark Legacy Fellowship
"They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper." – Psalm 1:3
You are invited to become a member of the Diocese of Newark Legacy Fellowship, created to recognize all those who have made a planned gift to their church, the diocese or any Episcopal organization.
What is a planned gift?
A gift made through a bequest in your will, a life income gift or strategic use of appreciated assets.
What are different ways of making a planned gift?
- Bequests: Provides for family first, and then supports the church.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: Simplest form of a planned gift. Provides donor with a secure, predictable fixed income.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Provides the donor with flexible options for life income, and then afterwards makes a major gift to the church.
- Gift of Life Insurance and Retirement Assets: Names the church as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement account.
- Strategic Use of Assets: Real estate; appreciated property; tangible personal property; privately held business interests.
What is the relationship between my church and the Diocese of Newark Legacy Fellowship?
The Diocese of Newark provides support and information on planned giving to its congregations. By raising awareness of planned giving throughout the diocese, providing donors an opportunity to bear witness to their stewardship, and giving the Bishop a chance to acknowledge and thank donors during their lives, the Diocese of Newark Legacy Fellowship promotes our diocesan vision of being one strong and united church, and supports the church's future.